60 g egg white ( is about 2 egg whites)
1 teaspoon lemon juice
120 g sugar
1 vanilla pod seeds; alternatively 0.5 teaspoon vanilla powder
pinch of Salt
This is really easy and is done in no time! No cooking experience needed.
- Mix the egg white with the lemon juice and 40 g sugar & a pinch of salt in a metal bowl. Then beat the egg white until stiff with a food processor or hand mixer.
- When the egg whites are stiff, add another 40 g of sugar while beating constantly and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Stir the remaining 40 g sugar and the vanilla powder or seeds quickly into the mixture, but do not continue beating. It is desired that the sugar does not dissolve completely.
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag and pipe meringues of any shape and size. Do not form too large meringues, as they take a very long time to bake.
- Let the meringues dry for 2-3 hours in the middle of the oven preheated to 100°C ( preferably circulating air). Leave the oven door slightly open so that the moisture can escape. If the meringues start to brown, reduce the temperature to 90 or even 80 degrees. Some of the more modern ovens don't allow you to leave the oven door open, so I just open the oven door every 1/2 hour to let out the moisture.
Keep the baked and cooled meringues in an airtight tin. They can be kept for 3-4 months.