|3||bundles of basil leaves (about 50 leaves)|
|1 dl||cold pressed olive oil|
|3 tbsp||pine nut kernels|
|75 g||grated Parmesan cheese|
|Salt and fresh black pepper|
- Pluck the basil leaves from the twigs, cut into strips and put into a tall jug.
- Peel and press the garlic cloves. Add olive oil and pine nuts and mix everything with a hand blender to a paste.
- Then mix in the Parmesan and season the pesto with salt and pepper.
- Cook the spaghetti (or any other Pasta) in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain the spaghetti, but collect 3-4 tablespoons of boiling water. Mix this with the pesto.
- Mix the still hot spaghetti immediately with the pesto and serve. Serve separately with freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Tip: Instead of using a blender, use a mortar like I did :-)