Capture the sun for the winter
This recipe can also be used to make Orangcello. Same procedure, just use oranges instead of lemons.
The recipe makes about two 500 ml bottles of Limoncello.
Tip: The longer you leave the skins in the Vodka the more intense the flavour will be.
The best limoncello recipe
- 100 g lemon peel bio quality, depending on size 5 -7
- 400 ml vodka I used absolut
- 300 g sugar
- 400 ml mineralwater
- Rinse the lemons and dry them with a clean cloth. Use a vegetable peeler to remove the peels from all the lemons. Try not get too much of the white skin as this makes the Limoncello bitter. You should get about 100g of peel.
- Place the lemon skins and Vodka in a large Jar or Bottle with a lid and close tightly. Leave the mixture for about a week in a cool and dark place. The longer you let the vodka infuse, the more lemony your limoncello. You can leave it up to a month.
- Strain the vodka into another Jar / Bottle. Squeeze the lemon skins into the vodka and put some skins aside for decoration.
- Make the sugar syrup by bringing 400ml of water to a boil and dissolve the sugar in it. Leave to cool before adding the syrup to the vodka. Add some lemon skins and close tightly.
Capture the sun for the winterThis recipe can also be used to make Orangcello. Same procedure, just use oranges instead of lemons. The recipe makes about two 500 ml bottle of Limoncello. Tip: The longer you leave the skins in the Vodka the more intense the flavor will be.
Calories: 4kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 0.003gFat: 0.003gSodium: 0.1mgPotassium: 0.3mgFiber: 0.02gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 0.1IUVitamin C: 0.3mgCalcium: 0.3mgIron: 0.002mg