The best fig mustard is always home made
- 50 g mustard seeds yellow
- ½ tsp black peppercorns
- ½ tsp coriander seeds
- 300 g figs fresh, halved
- 100 g white wine vinegar
- 30 g cane sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Wash the figs, remove the stalks and dice the fruit.
- Grind the mustard seeds, peppercorns and coriander seeds, transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Put the figs in a saucepan with the white wine vinegar and puree everything.
- Now add the brown sugar and the mustard powder mixture and let the mixture boil for about twentyfive minutes.
- Wash out the preserving jars with hot water.
- Season the finished fig mustard with salt and pepper.
- Pour the hot fig mustard into the preserving jars.
- Close the jars and leave the mustard to cool.
Cheese board with home-made fig mustard… who could resist?
Calories: 310kcalCarbohydrates: 52gProtein: 8gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gSodium: 591mgPotassium: 573mgFiber: 8gSugar: 41gVitamin A: 227IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 131mgIron: 3mg