Tartelettes with lentils
Beluga Lentils and Spinach with Puff Pastry
- 200 g Beluga Lentils
- 2 Bay leaves
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 5 tbsp Olive oil extra vergin
- 1 Onion medium size
- 2 Garlic cloves crushed
- 250 g Greek yogurt
- 50 g spinach leaves baby spinach
- 3 tbsp fresh coriander leaves finely cut
- 3 tbsp fresh mint leaves finely cut
- 1 lemon juice only
- 400 g puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- salt and pepper
- Cook the lentils with the bay leafs and salt in about 1 Liter of water for about 20 to 30 minutes. Drain them in a sieve and put by side.
- In a small frying pan, roast the cumin and coriander seeds until they smell nicely. Let the spices cool down and then grind them to a fine powder.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a pan and glaze the chopped onion and crushed garlic in it until they are soft and golden. At the spices and gently cook for another 2 minutes. Mix the lentils with the spices and set aside to cool down.
- After the lentils have cooled down, add the yogurt, spinach, lemon juice and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 200 °
- Cut four circles, about 8 cm, out of the puff pastry. Place the pastry on a lined baking tray with enough space between them and glaze them with the beaten egg.
- Bake the pastry for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the cooked pastry on a plate and drape the lentil mixture on the pastry. Drizzle some olive oil over the top and garnish with a mint leave.
Calories: 3127kcalCarbohydrates: 312gProtein: 108gFat: 163gSaturated Fat: 40gPolyunsaturated Fat: 21gMonounsaturated Fat: 92gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 1781mgPotassium: 1293mgFiber: 54gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 5656IUVitamin C: 39mgCalcium: 650mgIron: 32mg